Sunday 7 October 2012

I'll Never Be Ashamed Of Watching Downton Abbey


It's Sunday. But it's been renamed Funday (Manic Monday, get out of my brain. Damn you The Bangles).
But, on a more serious note, nowadays Sunday is so much more than doing homework, reading the Sunday Times Style Section and occasionally (VERY occasionally) leaving the house. Because it's Downton Sundays!!
Now, a picture of me may be starting to piece itself together in your mind. You're probably thinking I look/act a little bit like this:


But I think I look like this:


But yes, I actually look like this:



But, I digress. Let me indulge why I love Downton so much.

The dog's bottom
I mean, what a way to start the show!


And Dan Stevens (for all you non-hardcore fans, that's Matthew Crawley) tweets EVERY.SINGLE.WEEK about the dog's bottom on the opening credits. Always got my eye out.


Maggie Smith
Can we all just take a silent moment to appreciate Maggie Smith's joint best role to date (let's not forget Hazza-P, guys).


Some of her one-liners are so amazingly under-rated, there may have to be a whole separate post on my appreciation for Maggie Smith. Mainly because she can shapeshift into a cat.

Matthew Crawley
Dear Dan Stevens,
We met once. In a rib restaurant in Soho. And I take the term 'met' rather loosely. I saw you eating with your friends across the room and proceeded to stare at you for thirty minutes until you left.
It was magical.
Signed,
A major fan (and future wife)


The Crawley sisters
Everyone has their favourite. Personally, I'm undecided. I love Mary (mainly to do with her luscious locks and her relationship with Matthew Crawley), I love Sybil because she's totally rebellious (and Tom is, although a chauffeur, super hot). And Edith, how do I get started on Edith? Sorry babe, I used to have a problem with you, I found you irritatingly annoying. But that was before I saw the true you. The real you. The one I should have spotted all along. You're so damn funny Edith!!

Sorry, this was rather a rushed post. But it's Downton in 10 minutes, and I need to get the kettle boiling and secure the best place on the sofa. Oh, and refresh Dan Steven's twitter page every 15 seconds for the dog's bottom tweet.

L x (the period drama fanatic)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews