Tuesday 9 October 2012

Fro-Yo isn't just an ice cream alternative, it's a life choice

I remember the first frozen yogurt experience I ever had.

Do you?

It was a Snog. Some Saturday Afternoon in November '08. Small Classic with strawberries and chocolate hearts. Call me keen, but I've been hooked ever since.



Snog
http://www.ifancyasnog.com/
You never forget your first. And I cannot forget all the amazingly attractive people that work there. It seems as if the people that apply for Hollister/Abercrombie/Gilly Hicks (phwoar) also apply for Snog.
At Snog Covent Garden, there's a Tom Cruise lookalike. You may be thinking 'gross'. NO. Think again. It's not just Tom Cruise, IT'S TOM CRUISE IN TOP GUN.


Worth the horrendous trip to Covent Garden (and the even more horrendous assault course through the tube station) just to see this beautiful sight.

Pinkberry
http://www.pinkberry.com/
Having only just arrived in London last summer, I have only visited Pinkberry a couple of times at both of their London locations, but can we all just take a minute to appreciate it?
It seems that us Londoners are notoriously greedy and stingy at the same time, but Pinkberry lets me unleash my inner greedy munchkin. Unlimited toppings if you pay the 'topping price'? Sounds good to me.

Samba Swirl
http://www.sambaswirl.co.uk/
Representing the local!
Dear Samba Swirl,
I know what we've got hasn't been going on for long. But I simply love the freedom in our relationship. You let me pick and choose exactly what I want. And I want all your toppings (except chocolate covered raisins, I don't want to be eating rabbit poop).
Will you go steady with me?
Signed,
A fro-yo addict

Frae
http://www.frae.co.uk/
My least favourite of my favourite fro-yo chains. Sorry babe, your yogurt is just a little too creamy. But I like your colour scheme.

So those are my favourites. Don't even consider going anywhere else. Sometimes you come across really dodgy looking frozen yogurt shops, which usually double as internet cafes. I warn you, DO NOT ENTER. Do not be lured by their flashing sign saying 'Cheap Frozen Yoghurt . It is a mistake. A mistake, I tell you. As big as the mistake made by Brad when he dumped JenAn.
Just walk away.

I love you fro-yo shops, seriously I do, but sometimes I can't afford you. You strip me of every single penny to my name and then I go home, read a Jane Austen novel in the bath and cry a bit. Not cool, fro-yo.

So I've started making my own! (NOTE: I am not claiming that this recipe will ever be as good as the frozen yogurt in shops. Mainly because I feel like a princess in a fro-yo shop and my mother makes me clean up after myself in the kitchen)

DIY Frozen Yogurt
(You will need an ice cream machine. If you don't own one, what are you doing with your life?)

Makes about 1 litre
3 cups Greek-style yoghurt
2/3 cups sugar

Mix together the yoghurt and sugar. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and refrigerate for one hour. Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions (my ice cream machine stops automatically when it is frozen. How faaaaancy.)

And that's it. Frozen yoghurt.
Learn it. Love it. Live it.

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews