Tuesday 2 October 2012

FOOD: Best Restaurants in London

Being a human, food is quite an important part of my life. If the food is good then that is just a wonderful bonus.
I really enjoy going to restaurants and trying new foods. So, because I feel that I have the authority to share this, I am going to talk about a few of the best restaurants that I have been to in London. Bare in mind that I love all foods ergo loving all restaurants so this was hard.

There are a few of these in London. They serve "Mexican market food". The idea is that you order about 2-3 of their "street foods" (quesadillas, tostadas etc.) and love them all. It won't make too much of a dent in your purse either (or whatever that saying is...) The one annoying thing about Wahaca is that you can't book tables and it is very popular and often packed, but the service is very fast and all the food is delicious.

If you don't know what dim sum is then you need to sort out your priorities (basically, it is these oriental steamed buns stuffed with vegetables/prawns/other amazingness). Again, there are a few of these around London and they are all exactly the same on the inside (creepy...) The service here is nice and speedy but it is very easy to over-order. However, everything is very yummy so usually it all gets consumed. If you go here, be brave, some of the food they serve looks a little weird but most of the time it is completely fab.

3) Sketch- http://sketch.uk.com/ (the website is very confusing, mind)
This is probably the most weird and wonderful place that I have ever been to. I have only ever been here once but I had an amazing meal and general experience. It is a restaurant and art gallery combined, so you are sitting, eating, surrounded by all this very modern art- light displays, weird patches of grass, things growing out of the wall etc. I think one of my favourite things about Sketch is that no piece of cutlery is the same, nor are the glasses or the chairs; everyone is sitting in completely different seats. The man behind me was literally eating in a throne. It is quite expensive though but the food is really great. Oh, and, be sure to check out the toilets, they are the coolest place you will ever experience.

4) Polpo- http://polpo.co.uk/
There are 3 of these in London- Soho, Covent Garden and Smithfield. I have only been to the one in Soho but I absolutely adored it. This is what they describe as "Venetian" cuisine; it is basically really really good Italian food. The restaurant itself is quite simple but it's a nice setting with a bar and lots of helpful Italian waiters and waitresses. They serve all the classic pizza and meat dishes etc. but all the food is just a cut above other Italian restaurants'. Also, their sides are amazing so order loads of those.

5) Yo! Sushi- http://www.yosushi.com/
I know this is very unoriginal of me and there are tonnes of these all over London (and the rest of the world) but I love this place. Sushi is one of the greatest foods ever, in my eyes (well done Japan) and Yo! Sushi makes it really well and it is such a fun environment. The fact that you take your food off a conveyor belt and you can pick whatever you want and there are endless supplies of fizzy water, on tap is just too much excitement. It is also completely acceptable for you to eat in Yo! Sushi by yourself (not that I've ever done this) especially if you are nonchalantly reading stuff on your iPad as you do so. The only thing I would criticise is that I always end up paying quite a lot here because the conveyor belt keeps producing and I just keep taking. This is entirely my fault.

These are, like I said, just a few of my faves and I could list millions (thankfully I won't). I also hope my descriptions gave you an idea of what these places are actually like and that they are as good as I make them out to be.

M x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews