Monday 29 October 2012

Crazy Things You Can Do At 16

So, we started this blog with one 16 year old and one 15 year old with great intentions of turning 16 soon. That soon to be 16 year old (it's me, if you haven't gathered) is now 16!!
I happened to be in the grand ol' city of New York, so technically, although this wasn't confirmed by my parents, I had to celebrate an American 16th birthday. Yes, a Sweet 16. I don't know, it just sounds more important than a 16th birthday, no?

It's been a week since my birthday, so the excitement has worn off a little and I've managed to grab a quick rest after the week non-stop marathon of partying, clubbing and drinking (that's a joke, I've mainly been watching Grey's Anatomy and drinking grape soda). Since I've had some time, I've looked up some things that I am legally do now that I have turned 16. Let me explain.


  • Change my name. I shall now be known as either Velvet, Chastity or Hope. I've yet to decide.
  • Get a license to sell scrap metal
  • Operate heavy machinery
  • Get married. Now all I have to do is pry Emma Stone away from Andrew Garfield and then force him down to the church
  • Purchase alcoholic chocolates. We gonna get cruuuuunk
  • Buy Slug pellets 
  • Buy a chainsaw
  • Own a squirrel
  • Or, actually, buy any pet for that matter
  • Drive a Tractor
  • Buy a lottery ticket. Funny story here. The other day, Mindy and I went into a corner store trying to buy a lottery ticket. We are both 16, it's totally legal (by the way, we're not addicted to lottery tickets, it was our first one. Right of passage blah blah blah). But, err, we got refused. They wouldn't sell them to us.
  • Pilot a glider
  • Choose a GP. I'll stick with the GP I've got, thank you very much. My current GP looks exactly like Mindy's mum, it's uncanny. 


So, if like me, you are 16, are about to reach 16 or just dream of being 16, I hope I've inspired you. I don't know how on earth I would have inspired you, but, err, be safe kids, Especially when operating heavy machinery.

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews