Wednesday 14 November 2012

WWVCD: What Would Violet Crawley Do?

So I can't be the only person in the world who felt totally lost on Sunday night due to a lack of dogs bottom/bell ring/upstairs downstairs banter?
I'm A Celebrity, you provided some light Ant and Dec related banter (local boys, bless), but it just wasn't the same.

I often find myself in rather sticky situations, through no fault of my own , although actually 63.7% of the time (ballpark figure), it is actually my fault. I blame my bad decision making, which is cleaaaaaarly, as my horoscope tells me, because I'm a Libra.
So then I often find myself wondering: What Would The Dowager Do? Her extreme wit and self-assurance must really help her out.



So I've managed to compile a list of situations, some more likely to happen to me than others (I have sloth-like tendencies, forgive me). Take a look:

My Boyfriend Dumped Me

ME: FYI, this is unlikely to occur. Not because I am too cool to be dumped and instead do the dumping, but because, err, finding a boyfriend is tough stuff.
But, practicalities aside, I would probably spend a good two weeks crying my eyes out, listening to Taylor Swift and watching Katherine Heigl movies. Elle Woods style, but not in 2001. My life was MUCH better in 2001.

VIOLET CRAWLEY: Just rock it out with a great top knot and a high collar. Show dat booooi what he's missing (hissing is acceptable)

I forgot to do my homework

ME: OH MY GOSH what do I do? What excuse do I use this time? Is my printer not working? Did it run out of ink? Is my computer broken? Did I leave it somewhere? Did I leave in on the kitchen counter? HELP!! Oh, err, the teachers wondering where it is now... Make something up, Lucy, make it up. *mind turns to mush*

VIOLET CRAWLEY: I couldn't do it because I was too busy appreciating my own awesomeness.

Young Apprentice and Masterchef re-runs are on at the same time, help!

ME: Please can someone teach me how to use this blasted Tivo box? I don't know how to record things, eeek.

VIOLET CRAWLEY: Watching neither is necessary. I'm rich so I don't need to make money and I have servants to cook for me (Hey Mrs Patmore)

I can't find my favourite top!

ME: MUUUUUUUUM, WHAT DID YOU DO WITH IT? This is all your fault, I hate you, why does nothing EVER get done this house? Urgghhhhhhghasjkfhla.

VIOLET CRAWLEY: Chill out girl. Take a leave out of my book and wear high-necked velvet dresses at all times. ALL TIMES.

Mrs Crawley has employed a former prostitute to work in her house

ME: Umm?

VIOLET CRAWLEY: This is totally unacceptable, and I know I should totally leave, but I haven't had dessert yet and it looks DEEEELICIOUS.

However, when the going gets really tough, it's not just the Dowager that I turn to for advice. For example, What Would Cher Horowitz Do (WWCHD)? What Would Bridget Jones Do (WWBJD)? And What Would Snoop Dogg Do (WWSDD)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews