Friday 2 November 2012

Dream Team TV Family

Before I begin, I love my actual family. My dad is the tall, sensible one with the slight Scottish accent, my mum is the huggable teddy bear who won't let me bake because 'I am messy'. And my, admittedly annoying, sister who is blonde, high-pitched but has quite good fashion sense.
But, ahah, I have another family, but alas they live in a glass box in my living. This is, of course, my TV family.

Rachel Green - Friends














I cannot be the only one to wish Friends could come back now, 10 years later, with a teenage Emma. We all wanted to see how she turned out. Yes, I want Rachel Green as my mother. The epitome of cool, she has worked at a coffee shop, worked at Bloomingdales (you should know it's my favourite department store in New York) and god knows what she would be doing nowadays (look, I know Friends wasn't real. Don't let my dream die). Plus, if you had her genes, there would be a good chance that you would have those great, flowing locks.
Let's not mention the Ross Geller part, people.

Lily - Modern Family












She's so devious, yet adorable. And, as demonstrated by her fathers, she isn't afraid of a little dressing up. I feel a certain connection to young children and toddlers, probably because they understand my difficulties in communication and expression, so I knew I had to include a toddler in this list. And Lily's adorable and is able to rock a mid-blue tone like I never could.  Did I mention she's adorable?

Blaine Anderson - Glee















OK, so I'm pretty flexible on this subject. He would make a great older brother or, alternatively, a great friend. Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I've always wanted a GBF. But a GBB will also do the trick. Let's face the facts, he's strongly into his knitwear, he can sing and can actually rock a hat (unsure as to whether that is an admirable trait). That's a sibling you don't mind singing in the shower.

George O'Malley - Grey's Anatomy










Ok, so I'm only on Season 2, where Dr O'Malley still has the floppy locks and is so hooked on Meredith Grey (tramp). But George O'Malley is my twin of choice. The puppy dog eyes make him like a loveable puppy and you can just tell he's a good hugger. Enveloping and warm, I'd say. And you know you're always safe with a George. Safe name.
We'll see how this one goes, I've been talking to my other Grey's-addicted friends and they never mention O'Malley as one of their favourites (then again, they're waaaay further in than me), so maybe he's turn out to be a flesh eating monster, and then I'll probably reconsider his role as twin of choice.


I've spent a lot of time thinking this one over and, as much as I love all of these TV characters, I'll stick with my own family thanks. They love Christmas almost as much as I do and they understand my obsessive need for English Breakfast tea, with not too much milk.
But don't worry folks, I will aaaaaaaaalways loooooooove you (apart from you George. I love you now but it's a little temperamental)

L x

Watch out for another post, Dream Team TV Friends, coming soon, to get an even deeper insight into the odd, slightly eccentric mind of the pale, nearly ginger freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews