Thursday 15 November 2012

Let's Face It, We All Love Twilight Really

I was lucky enough to go to the European premiere of Breaking Dawn part 2 yesterday and, I'll be honest, I was a little apprehensive beforehand. I have read the Twilight saga, enjoyed them, but the I never felt the movies did them justice. Until now.
Not only did K-Stew look stunning on the red carpet and did R-Patz crack some brilliant jokes, but the film was great too. I'm not at all ashamed to say this because, once you've seen the film, you will agree with me too. It was a very emotional conclusion to the 5 part movie series and Jacob made it absolutely hysterical (even Bella had a few witty one-liners).

However sceptical I was about seeing the film before doing so, it made me realise that I actually to love Twilight and I am quite sad to see it end. I have also realised that, however vehemently they may deny it, many people also are fans.


Hater                                                                                    "Twi-hard"

On Twitter, you have the haters saying stuff like "oh ma gerd who wants to watch that Twilight crap. Kristen Stewart is so fugly and dumb." I'm going to take this moment to say, I have seen her in the flesh, Kristen Stewart is not in the least bit fugly; and you know who wants to watch that "Twilight crap"? Me. Plus a whole bunch of other people. These people are known as "Twi-hards" and there are millions of them, they tweet things like "Taylor Lautner I love you #teamjacob" or "I want a romance like Bella and Edward's. So true and real". Although I don't agree that Bella and Edward have the most sane, credible and flawless relationship, I just don't see why it is suddenly uncool to like the Twilight saga.

When I was an innocent year 7, everyone loved Twilight, if you had read and seen all the most recent movies, you were admired by all. In year 8, the situation was very similar. In year 9, the love decreased a little, but we all still went to see the films as soon as they came out. Year 10, in the words of the Black Eyed Peas 'where is the love?' If you suddenly said something about Twilight, you got a look of disgust.
However, I can confirm that at least 75% of my friends are going to see Breaking Dawn part 2 tomorrow- the day it comes out; another 10% are going to see it at midnight tonight- the minute it comes out. All of these people will probably cry or feel some sort of remorse as they watch the credits roll, because, as much as they hate to admit it, they love Twilight. They do have a favourite book in the saga (mine is New Moon for anyone wondering) and they would be able to contribute heartily into a Team Edward vs Team Jacob debate (I'm Team Jacob, in case anyone was wondering.)

For those of you who are shaking your heads at your phone/computer/portable electronic device right now still in denial about your deep-down adoration of Twilight, remember that book that sold more copies than Harry Potter? "Fifty Shades of Grey", the book that the whole world is obsessed it for one reason or another? It is actually a giant Twilight fan-fiction series. If you're still not convinced:


Still hatin'? ARE YOU BLIND?

To conclude, Twi-hard or not, I highly recommend that you go and see Breaking Dawn part 2 whenever it comes out near you. Even though TayLau only takes his shirt off once (and his jeans come off too..), it is actually a really good film and I am not in the least bit ashamed to say that.

M x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews