Monday 5 November 2012

Elmo Cupcakes

So this has been something I have wanted to do for a really long time now, and just needed the excuse to do it. I'm not often allowed to go near the kitchen (apparently I make too much mess. Mess Schmess!), but this once I was given the freedom of a clean, empty kitchen and a few hours to make some birthday cupcakes. Yes, I make my own birthday cupcakes. Judge me all you want.

You will need:
Chocolate Cupcakes (find the recipe I use here!)
Buttercream
Red food colouring (use paste food colouring!)
Orange buttons
Black fondant
White fondant

To make the fondant facial features, dust the work surface with cornflour and roll out the fondant icing to a thickness of 2mm. Use cutters to create the shape you want or, alternatively if you don't have any, creating a template using cardboard and cut around that (I did this for the mouth).





I know, I should explain why on earth I have made Sesame Street themed cupcakes. No, I'm not totally obsessed with small, fuzzy creatures who are obsessed with little children, but I actually have a little dog named Elmo. Don't ask. It wasn't my choice.
But my baby is my pride and joy, even though I have a serious inkling that he might hate me. But that doesn't stop me making these cupcakes.

Here are my two main men: Elmo and Elmo!


Awwwwww cyoot!

Yes, my birthday dinner was the finale in the two week long major bonanza that was my birthday celebration. What a great birthday. Hey, only 350 days until my 17th birthday. AAAAAAAAAND ALL TOGETHER:

'You are sixteen going on seventeen!'



L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews