Monday 12 November 2012

Ultimate Partners in Crime

For those of you who don't know, Partners in Crime (PICs) are two people that have some sort of super bond and are really good at what they do, but only when they are together. Often PICs are of the same gender, but PICs are never romantically involved.
For instance, my PIC is Lucy; our "crime" being blogging. If you are still very confused, I am going to list a few of the best/my favourite Partners in Crime and maybe by the end you will have got the gist.

Sherlock and Watson
These two are probably the most iconic Partners in Crime. They were created waaay back when Arthur Conan Doyle first wrote about them in his series of books entitled Sherlock Holmes, in case you didn't know that. There are quite a few adaptations of these two awesome people and I'm not sure which one is my favourite; RDJ and Jude are super banterous and have a fab bromance going on, Benedict Cumberbatch and the naked guy from Love Actually are also great and I love the modern twist, but then there is a new show called Elementary where Watson is a girl! I haven't seen it yet so I can't make any judgements but Lucy Liu is beautiful so I'm sure it'll be good.




Scooby and Shaggy
In this case I am not talking about the Shaggy that insists that nothing was him (everyone's favourite Shaggy), but the one from one of my all time favourite childhood shows- Scooby Doo. Scooby (the talking dog) and Shaggy (the messy human who ate dog food) were inseparable, they used to go off by themselves while Fred was off somewhere being hot, Daphne was off somewhere being awesome and Velma was off somewhere... doing whatever she does...
These guys' "crime" was/is most definitely solving mysteries where the villain is always someone in a suit, and they are very good at helping the rest of the gang do this.


Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum in 21 Jump Street
I feel like I don't need to say much about these two; if you've seen this, you will know exactly what I'm talking about without needing to say anything, if you haven't go and watch it now. These two are hysterical, they aren't great at their undercover policemen jobs but they kick some serious butt at the end. Plus, Channing Tatum is so hot.


The 10th Doctor and Billie Piper
For those of you not in the know, I am referring to Doctor Who here- the 10th Doctor being David Tennant and Billie Piper being the amazing Rose Tyler. I will try to refrain from venting about how much I love Rose, but let it be known that I still miss her and she hasn't been in an episode for a good few years. David Tennant was the best doctor, and as much as I appreciate Matt Smith, I will always want him to make a random comeback. However, it is these two together that made those seasons so special, these two are actually in love (as he tells her in his last episode where all of his companions came back *tear*) so they are an exception to the 'non-romantically involved' rule. Their "crime" was saving the world, and they did it better than any doctor and companion combo yet.
I MISS YOU SO MUCH DAVID TENNANT AND BILLIE PIPER. I'll stop there.


Spongebob and Patrick
These two are the main men of Bikini Bottom, who else could live in a pineapple under the sea and who else could get away with wearing such casual shorts everyday of his life? I love how a talking sponge and suspiciously pink starfish are the best of friends, it's adorable. They both have equally strange voices, and I think their area of expertise is probably working in some way at the Krusty Krab. I don't see how you cant love these two PICs.


Phineas and Ferb
Despite Phineas having a super annoying sister called Candice and them owning a turquoise platypus who just happens to be a secret agent on the side, these two still manage to have time to do new and entertaining things everyday to amuse themselves during their 104 days of summer 'vacation'. They are the bestest of friends even though Ferb rarely talks, and when he does it's with this ridiculously posh English accent. Sidenote: why is Ferb's hair green and how come Phineas is already balding?

The Cheeky Girls
Ha ha, just kidding. Not even sure what they were trying to achieve.


I know this isn't a very long list of PICs, but I hope you understand what they are now if you didn't before.
Maybe I'll continue this in the near future (probably not), but for now I am going to watch some old Doctor Who reruns.

M x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews