Friday 27 December 2013

The 5 Best New TV Shows of 2013

Bates Motel
This show is the perfect mix of scary and... I lie, it's just plain scary. But brilliant. It has Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Johnny Depp version) and the blonde boy from Nancy Drew in it; what more could you possibly want form a TV show?
Yes, this show does have its creepy aspects (murder... taxidermy...) but the plot is excellent. I haven't even seen Psycho, the movie this series is a prequel to, but I really enjoy seeing the earlier lives of Norma and Norman Bates unfold.
Luckily for me, we will get a second season of this show in the Summer. Yay!


Twisted
I was pleasantly surprised by this show. I was kind of expecting it to be rubbish, ABC Family don't exactly have the greatest track record (The Lying Game, The Fosters...) and I was apprehensive about seeing Beck from Victorious play any other role than Beck from Victorious. However, this show is genuinely good and Beck from Victorious is a really talented actor. Of course, it has its faults: Jo, one of the main trio, is so annoying; some storylines are poorly explained as well, but we only saw half of the first season in the Summer so hopefully all will be revealed in January when the rest of the season is aired. I'm pumped.

Twisted

Orphan Black
I cannot put the genius and amazingness of this show into words. This show is too good. I'm pretty sure Tatiana Maslany is the greatest actress of all time. She is Canadian but her English accents (yes she does multiple types of English accent) and her Russian accent are flawless. The idea is incredible and the way the story unfolds in this pilot season is amazing.
I cannot wait for the second season.


Camp
This show was so good! The characters were so loveable and I genuinely looked forward to each episode from one week to the next.
Unfortunately NBC and the American viewers did not have the same sentiments as me because the show has been cancelled and will not get a second season. Sadness.


Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
I still haven't actually watched every episode of this show but I've seen about half of the episodes and I really enjoyed them, when I get some spare time I will finish the season. The show's premise is a really good one, everyone loves Marvel and we can all unanimously agree that Agent Coulson was the best thing about the Avengers movie. Spoiler alert: he doesn't die in the Avengers.
The worst thing about this show is the super cringy British genius duo who say such lame things and seem a bit useless, to be honest.
So far, there isn't much of a continuing plotline but that could just be because their still in the introductory period. Unfortunately, we will never get to know this show because it isn't getting another season.


It may look like I've written about every new show of 2013, but that is not the case. I missed out quite a big 'un:
Ravenswood. Worst spin-off series ever. I really hope ABC Family comes to their senses and returns Caleb to Pretty Little Liars soon.
This is obviously all my opinion, you may have hated all of the shows I loved and adored Ravenswood.

That's enough from the TV addict. I cannot wait for all the new shoes we'll see in 2014.
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews